Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sweetly Broken

Here are my thoughts in regards to the Lord today. They are ever-changing, ever-increasing. But today they are this:

Sweetly Broken

Few moves of yours’, make sense to me.
Few things you know, I believe.
I am a ladybug on a grass blade,
and you are the wind.
I am a centimeter small.

I am quickened with weary worry,
you nestle me plain within your knowledge.
I am a sharp jolt of pain;
a spear in your side.
You are living liquid;
cure to my raging disease.

I am a pond frozen thin like glass,
you are a pulsing hand; warm with blood
and vigorous defeating.
Your knuckles are lead mounds
of gentle fury.
Your hand is on my head.

The dust specs in the sun rays are
your mercies and the coral of the
tree tops is your grace.
Your whispers are tornados to
my enamel.
The cracks of your hands are valleys
for my thoughts.

I am a child tucked discretely
behind your shoulder blade.
Carried up your hill and sprawled
out, face down, beneath your selflessness.
You are a beacon of Hope to my doubt.

Your words are thick blankets of wool
spreading warmth on to my winters
and my eyes are like a newborn’s ,
quaintly adjusted to this Life.

My ignorance is far from blissful,
like the loose brace of a carrier pigeon.
 I am a mess of a woman and
you are far from man.

Yet when I reach, I graze your brow.
Your cheek is of porcelain,
hard as my heart.
I am angered and you are perfection.
I am a callous to your flawlessness
and you are sorely pleased.

Your tears are the matching of
my silence.
Your belt is the sustainment of
my breath.
Your sword is the promise of
my suffering.

And I am sweetly broken;
wondrously torn.

No comments:

Post a Comment